- This page contains a variety of resources to help general education teachers meet the needs of their gifted learners. Items include Ohio's Quality Review Rubrics for Units and Lessons, Supplemental Gifted Checklists to be used with Ohio’s Quality Review Rubrics, Sample Units and Model Curriculum Resources.
- These are the approved gifted operating standards for the state of Ohio approved in July 2018.
- The goal of the IAD is to help educators understand the principles of Differentiated Instruction and develop competence and confidence in creating responsive classrooms that meet the diverse learning needs of today’s students.
- This website is dedicated to differentiating instruction for high-level learners. Resources are in the areas of Language Arts and Math. A portion of the website is focused on the creativity of gifted learners and how to invite that creativity into the classroom.
- The Hoagies' Gifted Education Page is the all-things gifted site, full of resources, articles, books and links to help and support parents, teachers and gifted children alike.
Stark County Educational Service Center's Gifted Professional Development 2019-2020:
GIFTED COORDINATOR MEETINGS
(Designed for gifted coordinators – open to all)
Gifted updates, resources, collaboration
8:30-10:30 a.m., SCESC - COG
Oct. 13, Dec. 15, Feb. 9, April 13
Gifted Lead Teacher Meetings 2019-2020
(Designed for Gifted Intervention Specialist and Regular Classroom Teachers)
Presentations on resources, techniques, etc., to meet the needs of gifted learners
4:00 – 6:00 p.m., SCESC, COG
Oct. 5, Dec. 7 (IMC), Feb. 1, April 5
Resources for Professional Development Hours
- Ohio Department of Education (ODE) has free online modules in your SAFE account
- Go to ODE website Link
- Log in to SAFE
- Click Learning Management System
- Search for I-Get-GTEd: Exceptional Children
- Ohio Leadership Advisory Council (OLAC) has free online self-paced modules
- OLAC modules (if they ask for a facilitator, use my name)
- Challenging Gifted Students in the Regular Classroom, Grades K-12 Online Course Link Receive 40 hours for Gifted PD requirement - $170.00
- Malone University Gifted Endorsement Link
- Ashland University Gifted Endorsement Link
- Kent State University Gifted Endorsement Link
- Many online universities offer Gifted Endorsement/Classes